Officers are a key part of our club’s organizational structure.
- Main club executive
- Run YLT and general club meetings
- Organize and call meetings
- Call special committees
- Assist the president
- Fill the presidential role when the president is absent.
- Take attendance at every YLT and general club meetings and events
- Take note of who leads the Pledge of Allegiance and 4-H Pledge at each meeting
- Take note of who makes motions and who seconds motions
- Keep notes of what was discussed and decided at each meeting
- Write down what events and meetings are coming up
- Collect reports from mini club representatives
- Write down the treasury report
- Write down any tasks assigned to be completed
- After meetings type up minutes and send to YLT and /or club
- If it happens at a meeting write it down!
- Maintain club financial records
- Report on club account balances and account activities
- Submit reports for audit by the extension office
- Write and sign checks/maintain the checkbook
- Good attendance is required.
- Report on club activities and manage the Facebook page/website
- Take pictures
Parlementarian, Safety Officer, Community Service Officer positions available in Club bylaws.
Mini Club Representative:
- Take notes of what happens at your mini club meetings (horses, rabbits, goats, hogs, archery, etc.)
- Send request for any needs from the club to the club President/ a YLT member
- Send/ give the secretary your report for each meeting
- Help plan what will happen at your respective mini club meetings
- Assist advisors in leading meetings
- Sample documents are available to fill in to make this position as easy as possible. Meeting notes may be recorded on paper or electronically.
- If it happens at your mini club meeting write it down!